Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Solitary Confinement

I believe that solitary confinement is a form of torture and I am appalled that it is legal in the USA. Some prisoners are condemned to it for years. I have had the random thought (and this is the sort of thing that makes my boyfriend say that I have too much time on my hands and I need a job)...anyway, I have had the random thought, "what would I do if I was put in solitary confinement"? ("The hole" as my ex used to refer to it). How would I fend off insanity? Avoid coming to the point of smearing my own feces everywhere? (A common outcome.)

I decided that, to maintain sanity, I would have to come up with a very strict schedule to maintain everyday. And hopefully sleep a lot. Luckily I need an abnormally large amount of sleep*. That would be, perhaps, the one situation in which that is a blessing.

So here is the schedule I have come up with... With meals interspersed throughout as they are served. And naps. (Also, depending on the length of sentence I am not opposed to taking advantage of any opportunities to commit suicide that may arise.)


  • Wake up
  • Sing 26 songs in a row - one with a title starting with each letter of the alphabet
  • Between each song, perform an assigned exercise - push-ups, squats, running in place, etc.
  • Try to remember something I once knew, like the capitals of each state or names of world leaders or an event from my past
  • Pray for every possible thing and person that I can think of
  • Write some of my memoir in my head
  • Whenever the urge hits, think about people I hate and revenge I would take if I ever get out. (lol)
  • Play a game that I have invented
  • Try to notice something new about my surroundings
  • List everything I am grateful for (I imagine, by a certain point it would look something like this: I am thankful my toe doesn't hurt. I am thankful my ankle doesn't hurt. I am thankful my calf doesn't hurt. I am thankful my knee doesn't hurt. I am thankful my sciatic nerve doesn't hurt.)
  • Retell a story I once knew -a fairy tale, a movie I once saw, a Bible story, a book I read - a new one every day
  • Ask the C.O. who hands me my meal what happened in the world yesterday

That's all I've come up with so far. Feel free to contribute your own suggestion in the comments.


*I maintain that since the brain processes newly learned information during sleep, my need for so much sleep is necessitated by my brilliance. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">