Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Thursday, December 23, 2010

The latest medical research

Sorry, I haven't been posting.

In medical news, this week's New England Journal of Medicine published a study that says that Apixaban is more effective for thromboprophylaxis than enoxaparin.  Translation: this new oral pill is more effective than the standard injection for preventing stroke in at risk populations.  This is such good news!  I always felt so bad for my patients who had to get these shots daily.  They are immensely painful.  And I was giving to these poor old ladies who probably weren't going to live long anyway, so I didn't see the point.  This would be a much needed improvement in healthcare. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">