Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Saturday, August 28, 2010

testing my beliefs

I'm "quiverfull"- which is the name by which I and others like myself identify our beliefs about family planning.  I believe that every child is a gift from God and we are commanded to make them, procreation being the beautiful purpose of sex.  The word quiverfull coming from the verse:
Psalms 127:3-5 “Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.”

This isn't such a difficult  viewpoint when I want to get pregnant and given the fact that my body spaces out the pregnancies so much.  But now that I just got my dream job that we really can't afford to live without, getting  pregnant is a different ballgame.  How resolute are my beliefs?

Well, I've decided that I will stay strong in them.  That this situation will not cause me to waver in my trust in God.  We have stopped trying to get pregnant.  And awareness of cycles -a gift from God in itself- allows us some say in the matter of when, but it still allows God the final say.  And I am open to any word or nudging from him towards procreation. 

My situation might create some difficult choices.  Put the child with a caregiver or, once again, live in poverty?  .. not easy choices to make.  But God would see us through. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">