Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bugs

The variety of bugs you come across is amazing.  A lot of spiders, surprisingly.  Also a huge amount of ladybugs.  At first we thought they were adorable.  Until we figured out that they weren't just there to look pretty.  So we killed dozens of them.  Then I went home and googled them and found out that they are called "A gardners best friend" because they eat pests.  DOH!

After a day at the farm, one evening, I was breastfeeding Saphira and I saw a tick on the back of her earlobe (ironically, the same place I found one on my son when he was her age). I'm so lucky to have caught it. The risk of lyme disease transmission is minimal to nil in the first 24 hours. Nevertheless I was pretty vexed. Even more frightening was finding another tick on my scalp the next day! - possibly more than 24 hours after attachment!

The last report I did in school when I got my RN was on Lyme Disease so, of course, I'm pretty phobic of it. It can range from mild to incapacitating. And it has the unenviable distinction of being a controversial disease. Meaning that, if you have a severe case of it, you will be hard-pressed to find a doctor to prescribe the long-term antibiotics that you need. This is because (soap box rant here:) the medical community is so ridiculously paranoid about causing a super bug. If they were so concerned they should look at the larger root of the problem- the factory styled farms that pump out our meat supply, at the cost of unsanitary conditions and the necessary antibiotics to keep this practice viable.

I happen to know the real cure to Lyme Disease. OK, it hasn't been proven, but it worked for the author of Cure Unknown: Inside the Lyme Epidemic and it makes a lot of sense scientifically. I will share it with you for the minority reader who will actually care: When someone with Lyme Disease takes a round of antibiotics they will experience a herxheimer response, in which they get really sick from all the spirochetes dying. But a certain percentage of spirochetes remain protected, in cyst form. When those come out of hibernation the body is, once again, ravaged by Lyme Disease. But if a patient were to take three rounds of antibiotics, with a break in between each, to allow the cysts to revert to spirochete form they can kill (theoretically) them all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">