Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Sunday, June 20, 2010

A new blog

This week I attended a three day conference on city planning.  It was fascinating.  I am so grateful to have been able to attend it.  I got an email about it several months ago because I'm on a city mailing list.  The cost was $150 and I knew I couldn't afford it but the conference is practically in my back yard (I walked there) so it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.  I emailed my Congresswoman, Niki Tsongas, who was going to be the chairman of the event, and I told her that I really would like to attend but I can't afford a ticket but if she had an extra to share with me I would be grateful.  One of her staff wrote back and they said the best they could do for me was half off.  I gratefully accepted.  But two days before the event they informed me that they put me on the media list (as a writer).  I had sent them a link to this blog post to show my interest in the subject.   I got in for free!  Not to mention I got a cool media pass.  (Timmy teased me that he could easily make one).

Anyway, the event was fabulous.  It's such a refreshing change from stay-at-home life.  The chance to dress up and partake in stimulating conversation and listen to experts on a subject you have so much to learn about. I took notes voraciously and will be typing it all up on a new blog.  I have decided to start a new blog because I would like to have something more professional to put on a business card to hand out at events like these.  I will link to all the more professional articles that I write on this blog.  I think most of my readers would prefer it that way anyway.  For the time being, this blog will primarily be farm posts but that is only temporary.  I have decided to compile all of those posts and hopefully make a book out of it because I've gotten some good feedback on them.  The website is www.thethinkingforum.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Lynn said…

    Yay! I will be following that one too....but IMHO you need a different profile picture if you are going for a more "professional" look : )

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Deena said…

    Yes, that thought crossed my mind. I'll probably use a previous facebook profile; the one that really shows off my smile. At least until I get a professional photo taken. My best friend is VP of Operations at a big internet company and she says a professional photo is important. Anything she says about business I take to heart.

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ohhh i not know englsh i speak spanish

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">