Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Monday, June 28, 2010

Let's talk drip tape

When Don, the farm maintenance man layed the drip tape he ran out before my last three rows.  Even though I had paid for them, I didn't mind because I've been really relying on the other farmers a lot this year for sourcing and transporting materials, so it's sort of my turn to contribute- if you want to think of it that way.  There was old drip tape in the shed that I could use.  When I mentioned that I was going to lay it to McKenzie she exchanged an odd look with the other person in the room, as if I didn't know what I was in for.  I found out the next day when I lay the drip tape.  Unlike, say, crepe paper, you can't undo a twist by just flipping it, because then the twist will just pass to the other side of your hand.  Sooooo, you have to twist the whole length of drip tape at once.  The only way to do this is to hold the entire thing in your hand while you lay it and untwist it before it goes on the ground.  Luckily someone had wrapped the thing nicely.  Two of them were too short so I have to buy a connecting thingy.  In the meantime I'm using duct tape, which is OK but not great.  Necessity really is the mother of invention.  Just like when I used the back side of an ax to hammer in the tomato stakes since I didn't have a hammer. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">