Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Friday, April 16, 2010

Food Revolution and Political Asylum

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution is all about turning our culture back to the healthy wonderful foods that we used to embrace. It's a subject I'm passionate about. I'm watching his show in which he spends a great deal of time in the public schools helping them make the switch to homemade foods. Right now, public schools across the country don't even cook food anymore. They only reheat. It's just... really... sad. What a dream come true if schools started serving freshly cooked foods again. Yes, it's going to cost more. But this is the health of our next generation we're talking here. This isn't something to be taken lightly any more. It's time for change!!!

* * *

At the gym I start my workout on the bike and read magazines. The other day I read a heart wrenching article about this woman from Africa who had lived through horrendous tragedy and then came to America where her fight for asylum was not easy. I highly recommend the article. Here's a link.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">