Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Sunday, December 13, 2009

An exciting night last night

It started the way most exciting nights around here start... a Cambodian birthday party, a lot of drunk adults, a big fight. I dragged Timmy out of the house before someone got hurt. On the way out he punched the wall. When we got home and looked at his hand it looked like the pinky was dislocated. I thought about trying to fix it myself. We discussed looking up how to "pop it in" online. You know how emergency rooms can be such a crap shoot. About half the times I've gone I've regretted it... long waits, no help.

Well, this time we made the right call and decided to go. His hand was x-rayed. woooh-eee. If I could get the pictures to post I will. It was CRAZY looking. The doc said it was dislocated in two places but the main dislocation was the bone in the hand, not the pinky. A bone was chipped during the dislocation and the doc said he may need surgery to prevent it from popping out again.

They numbed it up and then the nurse pulled on his arm while the doctor pulled on his hand and they tugged with all their might but they just couldn't get it!!! It was awful! Timmy was such a trooper though. We had pretty much given up and the nurse turned her back to get some bandages when the doctor tried a completely different position and pushed the bone into place with his thumbs. Timmy said he could immediately tell it was in the right position.

Then they put a semi-cast on it and gave him some awesome pain medicine. We talked to the nurses about the awful job prospects for new grads. They gave me lots of sympathy and one of them even wrote down a list of places I should try applying at.

The pathetic part of the story is that my husband and I had a great time. If felt like a date. We must not get enough alone time, because we've both been raving about how much fun it was to hang out together for a couple of hours without any kids.

Update: He's in a full cast now.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope Timmy hand is going to get worst. He deserves it for doing such an idiotic thing...punching the damn wall, instead of someone's stupid drunk face. Damn those Cambodians. Damn them I tell ya'. On the other note, awwww how sweet, a hospital date. That's as romantic a Cambodian will ever get.

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Deena said…

    FTR,
    To my readers:
    That's my husband's cousin commenting above. He always cracks me up. I wouldn't tolerate racists comments from any old anonymous person. They'd get their ass deleted from this blog. :)

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's called a boxer's break.

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Deena said…

    Interesting!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">