Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Racist cops: still alive and well

My husband and brother in law and cousin drove from Florida to Massachusetts with a U haul full of stuff from storage. (My brother in law recently moved back here). They got pulled over on the highway because they had a padlock on the back! (jawdrop) He asked if he could search it- which, by the way, is totally illegal. They obliged. He checked it out and then made a hasty u-turn so they couldn't write down his license.

This next story I actually think is a little more amusing because it was more of a genuine mistake as opposed to the straight up racial profiling and illegal action that happened to my husband...

Yesterday I saw more cops in one place than ever before in my life. Just fifteen feet in front of my window. 7 police cars with lights flashing. 1 undercover police vehicle. 4 police motorcycles. All surrounding two black men who were being patted down. But after about ten minutes all the police left except for two and the men. I overheard some laughing and one of the cops said, "this will make a good story for Thanksgiving". ha ha. The police then congregated down the street. Apparently there had been some sort of tip and the unfortunate two black men fit the description.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">