Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Food!!!!





I'm a foodie! Today, for my birthday my friend made me a birthday salad instead of a birthday cake. I thought that was so sweet! I am passionate about healthy delicious food.

I like to make my family a hot meal every day, in the Cambodian tradition. But the American/white side of me also likes the idea of a "cooking day". And I've come up with the awesomest idea to satisfy that side of me. Now that I have four hungry kids it's great because I can cook to my hearts content and there's always a hungry mouth to feed.

So once a week, (when we have enough money. sigh.) I'm going to "pre-make" sandwiches, yogurt parfaits, fruit salads, and lettuce salads. They are going to be in appealing clear containers, lining the fridge. And whenever anyone is hungry they can grab one. Especially as my boys hit adolescence and join sports teams I love the thought that they will grow big and strong on my healthy foods. (And this spring I'm going to farm a 1/4 acre of land! I'm planning on growing bell peppers, cantaloupe and strawberries. Horray for local organic food. But that's a post for another day).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">