Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Monday, October 26, 2009

Paranormal Activity

I never, never watch scary movies. But this one had me curious because of all the talk. And I thought that I could handle the subject matter- demons. And I was right. :) Here's my review

Laaaaaame. After all that built up anticipation I was Part of why it was lame I think was because I'm a Christian. Cuz you know how what makes a movie scary is imagining that it could happen to you... But I spent the whole movie going "well, this couldn't happen because I'd just cast the demon out in the name of Jesus" (which, btw, I've done before. ) I got to kind of witness to my inlaws who saw it with me though and they kept asking "what could you do???" And I said "Go to a Christian!..."

I could see how someone who is only vaguely familiar with the Christian faith could be scared by the movie. Because they played to the Christian beliefs quite well like, "Don't play with ouija boards!!"

Also, I totally predicted the end.

Another thing that was funny about our viewing... I was watching it with my in-laws, like I said. We're poor- ghetto folks- who tend to live in apartments like sardines- three or four to a bedroom. So the couple in this movie live in your large, typical suburban home. And throughout the movie, they kept exclaiming "why do they have so many rooms?" "well, I know why they have a demon- they have too many rooms" and "Aren't they scared to go in all those rooms?"

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We saw it too. SOOOOOOOOOO LAME! I agree!! We can't believe how many good reviews the actual critics gave it!! Probably the slowest movie I've ever seen......... YAWN!

    -Beth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">