Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Letterboxing!


I took my homeschooled son out letterboxing yesterday! It was so much fun! This was the clue we got off the internet:

Dum dee dum,
Look in the drum

From the trail, set yourself free,
When the drum, you can see.

If you find a dragon egg, neatly nestled in a triple tree,
Stand west of it and the drum will be revealed to thee.

In the drum, wood,
Lift it you should.



We found lots of "triple trees" but the very last one had a cool egg shaped rock in the center so we knew it was the right one. I got such an adrenaline rush when we saw it. Then we walked a few feet and saw the (rusty oil) drum. It was so exciting! Inside was the little notebook which we signed since we don't have personal stamps yet. I think I'm going to take him to another one today. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">