Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Monday, August 03, 2009

I'm on a mission to find this book!

Help me, everyone. I'm looking for a book that my son brought home in kindergarten from the library (seven years ag0). I absolutely fell in love with it. But alas, we returned it, and I've never seen it again. It's about a bear who goes traveling. It's based on Henry David Thoreau's teachings and the bear is supposed to be Henry. And I think there was something hidden in all the pictures. It was just brilliantly creative. And I just can't find it!!!! So, if anyone knows what I'm talking about, or stumbles across it, please share it with us!


Amy found it!!! Here's the link!!!

And in the reviews I found a description of the pictures that I was trying to remember: "illustrated parallels between Henry and his friend's experiences: my favorite is the difference between the tangle of people on the train and the tangled blackberry branches in the field. My children love to find the cows drinking from the Sudbury River, drawn opposite the cows on the town green, whose water Henry's friend brings to them in a bucket."

3 Comments:

  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Benjamin Meyer said…

    Do you recall what the bear did in the book or any of the plot?

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Amy said…

    Are you talking about the book ‘Henry Hikes to Fitchburg’ by D. B. Johnston?

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Deena said…

    Oh my gosh! Amy, you found it for me!! Is this Amy-my sister in law's sister-Amy? Or someone else? Please identify yourself so we can give you the praise you deserve- you well read-totally amazing-blog reader. THANK YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">