Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Saturday, June 06, 2009

I propose a driving test

I have an idea that could prevent a lot of tragic accidents. You know how every once in a while an elderly driver will accidentally hit the gas instead of break and plow into someone or something? Well, I was thinking about the reason they do that. It's because they rest their foot instead of holding it up in the air over the break. So when they go to hit the break they have to guess where the pedal is and they guess wrong.

So I propose a simple test at the RMV where you put your foot flat on the floor and then have to hold the ball of your foot up for twenty seconds or something.

We would need to study what the amount of time that is needed to determine the cutoff between a potential accident and not... and just cuz I'm crazy like that I'm going to search online to see if the government is offering any "safety" or "transportation" grants that I could apply for. I probably won't be able to follow through on this idea though, so if anyone wants to take my idea and run with it, you have my blessing. Anything to make this world a safer place. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Deena said…

    Ironically, after writing this post there were several more tragic accidents involving elderly drivers. (one four year old girl died). Legislatures are now trying to come up with some sort of mandatory testing. Unfortunately, it doesn't include my foot test idea. I have got to email someone this idea!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">