Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Let's talk about paper clutter!



Whew, what a busy week I've had! We all had the flu (ironically) and we moved! And I'm wrapping up school!! (See countdown at the top of the blog).

I'd like to talk about paper clutter. My dear mother taught me how to file away paperwork. What a useful tool.

I have found the ideal amount of space needed for your file folders... drumrole please... one plastic milk crate. If you go through it every once in a while- say, once a year- and dispose of the papers and files you don't need any more, you can keep your storage down to this size.

The reason we can do this, in this era, is because of the blessed internet. Being able to google for resources means we don't have to keep random information on hand in case we'll need it in the future. (Someone needs to tell my professor this. She made us pass out bundles of paperwork to our classmates on various diseases so we could have the information in the future. One of my classmates complained that a PDF file would have been more "earth friendly" but my professor didn't think anyone would keep the file... um hello? Do you think any of us kept that paper????)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL - Soooooooooooooo true Deena!!! It's a great skill/ tool to have too isn't it. I love the new filing system we've set up a few months ago, and the best benefit is out of the papers that you do need to keep, when you need them - you know EXACTLY where they are. All people should master this! It would create so much more eficiency in homes. They say if you live in clutter your mind must be a reflection of that state.

    Beth

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    FIFTEEN DAYS to graduation!!!! WOO HOO!!! Congrats to you Deena, yet again, always inspiring, endless diligence and work and moving forward. You ROCK!

    Beth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">