Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Weight gain mystery solved.


I haven't been able to lose weight since Saphira was born. In fact, if anything, I'm putting on weight. sigh. So I got a blood glucose monitor to help me lose weight- it's a technique I used when I was a personal trainer. I've also been suspecting that maybe I'm diabetic now. It runs in the family and I've always been borderline. So it came in the mail yesterday and this morning I tested before breakfast and got a 174. Anything over 126 is considered diabetes. So. darn. I guess my body finally crapped out on me and I've got diabetes. And then after breakfast I got a reading of 199. In all my years of testing before, I never got anything over 140! So, yuck. This will only make it much harder to lose weight. That depresses me. Though I guess my body has known that for a year. Now my mind knows too. I made an appointment with my primary care physician. I guess this is good to know before I get pregnant again. And also, I'm wondering if it would explain what's wrong with my finger. It's kind of dried and shrivled and I couldn't figure out why. Maybe it's peripheral artery disease from the diabetes. I'm only thirty!!!! I feel like I'm falling apart!!! But I am determined to get healthy and skinny again, so there is no doubt in my mind that I will.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">