Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Last night

Last night I went to a women's conference at a church. It was very uplifting. The singer, Rita Springer, had a beautiful, powerful voice. Kind of raspy, like Melissa Ethridge. Listening to her sing by herself was like listening to a whole choir, it was so full, if that makes any sense.

Then the preacher woman- I wish I knew her name!! But it wasn't on any of the materials they sent home with us- anyway, she was AWESOME!! The message was on hope. She had several miraculous stories of healing. The most recent was two weeks ago when she was healed of spinal MS! I was so blown away by it, because this conference was planned so long ago and this JUST happened. It was a fresh word of God for us. She also preached about women preaching! I was really happy/impressed because that can be so controversial in the church, but after years of going back and forth on that one (Thanks, Paul!!!!!!!!!!!) I've come to the same conclusion as her, that women can be preachers! She recommended this book, which I'll add to my wishlist. She also briefly mentioned not going into debt, even not giving to ministry when you're in debt, and how us Christians should have been an example to the country in this regard, but we haven't been. She got an applause for that one.

So it was a very inspiring and I love getting that renewed passion for the Lord. That inspiration to worship and read the Bible more.

OK... so then I go home and... (warning: this is NOT where you expected this story to go). Some family was visiting and I had a couple of glasses of wine with them. I never, never drink. It's just not my thing. But tonight, I thought, what the heck. So I got a little drunk and then promptly went to bed. Several hours later I woke up sooooo sick. Not only was I getting mastitis, with accompanying flu-like symptoms- which is bad enough, but I was extremely nauseous from the alcohol and had a tremendous headache. I sat in bed with a garbage can between my legs for hours, close to puking, but not quite. And my head. It just felt like it was going to explode.

Then. Strangely enough. I woke up feeling just fine. Weird.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Brenna Kater, the Oceanskater said…

    I love Rita Springer & was so bummed to miss her! How funny would it have been if we were both at that conference & didn't know it :)

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Deena said…

    I'm almost glad you weren't there. I would have been pretty upset to find out that we were in the same room and hadn't met!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">