Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Friday, December 19, 2008

A Father's Love

God designed us to need our (human) father's love. It probably serves as a symbolism for our need for our heavenly father's love, as well as a biological need for protection.

My heart breaks for my husband whose father has never really loved him. He beat him as a child and hung him upside down from the ceiling for hours, threw him in a hot stove- or something like that, I don't want to ask him to clarify and remind him. Timmy doesn't talk about it much. There are six kids in that family. And my father in law feels some sort of rivalry with his first born son- Timmy. So he is the only child who is treated this way. But what really hurts him now, is the love that he still denies him. How can someone want the love of a person like that?! The only answer to me is that deep rooted, God given need. As an adult the physical abuse is over, but there is no affection. He acts petty. Jealous. Mean. And my husband would give anything for a hint of approval. Love. Respect.
:(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">