Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Give us this day our daily bread

The days before payday (biweekly) we often live on faith alone. It has given me an opportunity to live out my beliefs in a real way. I get to pray "give us this day our daily bread" and really mean it. I get to see God provide in miraculous ways. To wake up and think: "OK we have three days til payday and no money and no food" and then see how God provides this and that and three days later we've all eaten and we haven't run out of gas -it's faith building. I have two favorite incidents. Last week, we had one more day left before payday. It was the middle of the night and Brandon and I were cleaning the house. I emptied an old box of food someone had given us and there on the bottom was a little envelope with ten dollars in it! The timing of it couldn't have been more perfect. We rejoiced. And since we had already come up with food for ourselves, we wrote a little note for his Dad to take it to work with him so he could buy himself a good lunch for once. Timmy was moved. My other favorite incident was when we spent our last dollar on a bucket of KFC chicken for dinner and -I didn't see it with my own eyes, but Timmy and one of our kids swears that the bucket was empty and then one more piece miraculously appeared. God is good.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">