Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Sunday, August 03, 2008

I'm in love

(Here's a picture of the Kindle on the cover of Newsweek, one of the first magazines I will be ordering on my Kindle... when I get some money)

I'm in love with the Amazon's Kindle. Well, I can't afford it yet, but when I do get one it will be a taste of heaven on earth. It combines my two favorite things: reading and decluttering. I can have hundreds of thousands of books at my fingertips but no actual books lying around (which is kind of a big deal when you have four kids in a two bedroom basement). I have to say that my personal fantasy is living in the woods in New Hampshire with a plate, a mug, and a Kindle... just spending my days hiking and reading and eating berries. Like my idol Henry David Thoreau sigh. You think I jest, but I'm serious. Once I get my RN I might look for a job as a camp nurse and bring my kids. I don't even want pay. Just give me and the kids a cabin and good food.

There is also the lure of possibly getting books published quite easily via Kindle. You couldn't bait me more with a trillion dollars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">