Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Monday, May 12, 2008

A crazy weekend. (Why is my life so much drama?)

Saturday night I went to bed around midnight with "heartburn" (I've never really had heartburn before). I tried to sleep for two hours, but at 2:00 it was getting unbearable. I took some antacid and gas-x in case it was one of those two things. Then I sat down to google "heartburn" but couldn't sit. I woke Timmy up from his drunken sleep and started crying. It escalated really fast at this point. The baby was crying but I was in so much pain I couldn't care or do anything. I begged him to take me to the hospital. He started getting dressed but the pain was excruciating. I thought I could be dying- of maybe a heart attach or a lung clot. I called 911. It was one of those typical hysterical calls you might hear on the news. I crawled to the front door. The lady was begging me to put someone else on the phone. I was screaming "She doesn't speak English!" Finally I just gave my mother in law the phone (she was holding the baby too). Apparently they had a Khmer speaker for her. That was cool. Timmy was trying to get me in the car but I was undecided if I wanted to wait for the ambulance or go with my (drunk) husband. At one point I was actually laying in the street, clutching my chest, my sister in law standing over me asking what's wrong. I really thought it was over at this point. I thought my kids won't have a mother any more. So I got in the car with Timmy, having nothing to lose but precious minutes. We raced to the hospital, going through red lights and passing the ambulance on the way. My foot even fell asleep in the car and I thought it was because my heart had stopped and my blood wasn't flowing and I was almost dead. Timmy was screaming "stay with me". I was rubbing his hand to show him that I was still alive.

This is the sickest part of the story. The moment he stopped the car, the pain went away! I was dumbfounded. I went in anyway and felt really stupid saying in a totally calm voice "I'm here for chest pain". I didn't really want to wait for several hours to be seen, with my new baby at home. I got my "out" though. Timmy, (keep in mind, drunk) started swearing at the receptionist because they wouldn't see me fast enough. They called a cop and it escalated a bit and we decided to leave. I drove home. We were still really shaken up though so Timmy called my parents. They came over and it was good to see them. We prayed and wondered if this was maybe spiritual warfare because my daughter's baby dedication was supposed to be the next day at church. I still went to church, but we post-poned it so we could all be there, well rested.

I am so embarrassed to have caused that much drama over "nothing". I'm thinking it was either gas or a gallstone, so I'll get that checked out, but anyway, the whole thing was bizarre and not fun.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Geesh!!! I'm GLAD you're still with us!!! !!!! !!!!! Just another night in our crazy lives huh? :) Very GLAD you're still with us!!!!!!!! - Beth

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Girl that Sounds like gallstones and according to Mary the pain is incredible, extremely intense and exactly like heartburn at first. She went to a doc attached to Lahey clinic and eventually had her gallbladder removed ... you should definitely get this seen too.. what if that happens again and your alone. Cut down on the Fats in the meantime.

    Emma

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Deena said…

    I just had an ultrasound and there were gallstones so I'll probably get mine out too. I'll write a new post when I talk to my doctor and schedule surgery. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">