Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Cert



Well, I failed this weeks certification: IV medications. So I'll have to practice again and retry. It was the hardest one so far. One cool thing that happened though was that I was assigned an imaginary patient who is allergic to penicillin and I was asked to give her Cefoxitin. I said to the professor "Cefoxitin is bactericidal... soooo I would want to check before I'd give it to someone with a penicillin allergy." The professor played along and handed me a drug book. Sure enough, it said not to administer to patients with a penicillin allergy. And the professor's jaw dropped and she's like "we've been using this example for years. I don't think anyone's ever caught that before". tee hee. So I felt special. But obviously I've still got work to do.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">