Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Polygamous Raid

I just don't understand why they're separating the children from their mothers. Instead of sending all these kids into the faulty foster care system why can't we just house the mothers with them? The mom's are the victims (of incest/sexual abuse). It doesn't make sense to me. I heard on the news that the moms of babies under 12 months can stay with them. Moms of older children can move to a shelter in the same city that their children are being moved to! What kind of option is that?! I'm thankful that the babies are not being separated. As a mom of a newborn I am choked up at the thought of being separated from her. But frankly, it only gets harder as the child gets older and knows and loves you. The whole thing just makes me sad.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">