Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Infant sleep study

The less sleep an infant gets the more likely they will be obese.
http://archpedi.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/162/4/305

What I thought was funny/ironic/stupid was the news story about it I saw on TV. They did this whole story about how parents cripple their children's ability to put them to sleep by rocking or holding them. I read that study and actually see the opposite as true- attachment parenting gives babies a LOT more sleep. Between holding my baby, slinging my baby, and co-sleeping with her at night she pretty much sleeps ALL the time. Clearly attachment parenting is the healthier way to go!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When will the rest of the world just GET IT ALREADY. *LOL*

    HUGS
    Heather

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Dana said…

    very interesting!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">