Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Giving back to the community

My heart was warmed today at my son's middle school performance. The Angkor Wat Dance troupe taught some of the middle school kids traditional Cambodian dance for this Cambodian New Year performance. I thought this was really special for my son because it's great that he can learn about his culture. The really heart warming part was the 7th grade math teacher who taught the boys' dance and also danced with them. He was a crowd favorite: oohing and ahing us with his breakdancing and flips. He actually went to that middle school and first began dancing at the same New Years Performance. Here he is, all grown up and giving back to the community: a math teacher and a dance teacher to the kids who need more role models like him. I applaud him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">