Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wise Wolfie

Sometimes my son will say the most profound things. Yesterday was one of those times:

"Mom, why is it the Easter bunny and not the Easter bird? I mean, bunnies don't lay eggs."

My response: jaw drop. "I don't know"... OK, I had to look it up on Wikipedia because curiosity was killing me. This is the explanation they gave.

"As for rabbits laying eggs, one possible explanation arises from the fact that hares use a hollow called a form rather than a burrow. Lapwing nest on the same sort of ground, and their nests look very similar to hare forms. So in the Spring, eggs would be found in what looked like hare forms, giving rise to the belief that the hare laid eggs in the spring."

It's still weird.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Easter bunny is technically a Pagan contribution.

    http://altreligion.about.com/cs/alchemy/a/mpreviss.htm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">