Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I spent the day at the hospital

... but not for Saphira. I had to bring Wolfie in. About once a week for the past two months he gets abdominal pain and throws up. It comes and goes for about five hours. I know the doctors won't be able to figure it out. I need House to actually get a diagnosis. The problem is, about half the time it happens he's at school. So the school nurse is really concerned... as in if I don't do something she'll probably call social services on me. So I took him to the Emergency Department today to satisfy her, where they tested his urine and did an x-ray and, of course, found nothing. But it took five hours and my kids were starving and bored and antsy and basically it was awful. I knew it would be, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I'll take him to his pediatrician tomorrow. Speaking as a bit of a medical investigator myself, I'm thinking the first step in diagnosing this is an elimination diet. But that sounds like a lot of work, so I've been putting it off.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    do you notice what is happening just before the pains start?

    HUGS
    Heather

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">