Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Friday, January 04, 2008

Reading again!!

For a little bit I worried myself. Had I lost the passion to read? No, silly. I was just overwhelmed with nursing school. Now that I'm on break I've been reading voraciously. I can't put the books down. Take a moment to peruse the books in "my library"(right column). They are all new; I just started reading them all in the past month. If you click on my library it will take you to the page where you can see what I rate each book (out of five stars) in case you're looking for a good read yourself.

Dimitri really likes the picture book: Polo, the Runaway Book. It's thick and long with no words so we have to talk about the pictures to get the story out of it. I think he likes the interaction.

Closing the Food Gap was a little disappointing. I mean, the author obviously knows his stuff, but he just keeps going on and on about farmers markets. bla. I am definitely into social activism subjects though, so hopefully I'll find a good read in Sick or Ending Poverty in America.

Ghosts from the Nursery
is interesting but I only gave it three stars because it's making me paranoid about all the things I could have done to ruin my kids (especially while pregnant). Sheesh. I don't need more guilt.

Families Where Grace is in Place is a great AP book (that's attachment parenting). There's definitely not enough Christian books with an AP slant. I consider this book the antithesis to Shepherding a Child's Heart which is two thumbs down. It's really quite ridiculous that Christians base their faith on grace but then raise their kids with tyranny. It makes no sense when you think about it.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Four Quinatas said…

    Thanks for the suggestion on Families Where Grace is in Place. I agree. I don't think there are enough gentle Christian parenting books out there!

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the great ideas!

    *HUGS*
    Heather
    http://naturalchildhood.mymamashouse.org

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">