Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Random funniness

My Asian family doesn't wear shoes in the house. But sometimes I want to because I grew up wearing shoes in the house. Asian children know that if you're wearing shoes it signals that you're going somewhere. So my three year old will often ask where I'm going if I have shoes on. I explain that I just like to wear shoes because of my culture. Sooooo, today he was talking on the phone to his Dad who was at work and totally out of the blue he says "Mom's wearing shoes because she's a white person". It cracked me up.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Benjamin Meyer said…

    Here in Norway it is considered very impolite to wear your shoes in the house. Every home, even our tiny apartment has a hallway immediately inside the front door where shoes belong. Walking around in the house with shoes on feels wrong after taking them off all this time. Not tracking dirt in the house is no doubt most of the reason, but part of me must admit that it is bit social. Every time we go to other homes everyone else does it and eventually you don't even question it and ponder why you wouldn't.

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Deena said…

    Yeah, I've lived shoeless for years too... but every once in a while I just want to wear them again.

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAHAHAHAHA!!!

    *HUGS*
    Heather

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">