Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My psychiatrist says...

Today my psychiatrist told me he wants to put me on a mood stabilizing drug after the baby comes. He didn't say what- I'm guessing Lithium? Anyway, what a relief to hear that! I didn't think there was anything more he could do for me and I am not OK. It didn't occur to me that he was withholding medicine for the baby's sake. (And if it is contraindicated for breastfeeding I'll have to wait even longer). Yesterday I was suicidal again. It's so embarrassingly stupid. But it won't be stupid if I end up in the morgue, ya know? I was never this way before this pregnancy- or as it seems to my husband: "before the China trip", but I'm fairly certain it's the pregnancy hormones that triggered it. sigh. I plod on. Life continues.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pregnancy hormones can make depressive issues worse. I have the latest copy of Hale if you need me to look up a Med for you.

    *HUGS*
    Heather

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Deena said…

    (((((Thanks)))), I'll email you when the time comes if I'm not sure if it's safe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">