Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Not one of the smarter things I've done lately

It's a typical Deena thing... I took Dimitri to a new playground to play at. It had some awesome equipment. I love to play at playgrounds. Partly because I'm a kid at heart and partly because I'm athletic and love to challenge myself... case in point ... my sons birthday this summer in which I climbed a tree. Pretty far up. In a dress.

Anyway, this new park had an awesome rock climbing wall that twists and inverts. I got to the top of it and then realized I was stuck. I spent the next few minutes laughing hysterically and swearing. I mean normally I could just jump or fall or whatever, but being 5 months pregnant I knew that wasn't a good option. Finally I eased myself down into a standing position on a fireman's pole and jumped from there. whew. All right, I admit, I love the adrenaline rush. You know I'll be back on there the next time I go. But next time I'll bring a camera. tee hee.

... Reminds me of when I played football four months pregnant with my second baby. It's not that I have anything to prove to anyone. It's just that I luv a challenge. And I know my limits- they're pretty high. Of course, I've been known to use the pregnancy card around the house. "honey, can you move the fish tank? I can't, I'm pregnant." ha ha But then again my husband doesn't necessarily baby me either. Back in August (two months pregnant) he asked me to help him move the 300 pound big screen TV. Now THAT was my limit. I told him "no way".

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awesome story! You should really write a book!

    *HUGS*
    Heather
    http://naturalchildhood.mymamashouse.org

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Deena said…

    You're so sweet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">