Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Ultimate Fighting rocks. Boxing should be illegal.



I'm proud to say we've been watching Ultimate Fighting long before it became popular. I love that sport. God gives men the power and desire to dominate in the physical dimension. This is a chance to prove your capabilities in a controlled arena. Ultimate Fighting evolved into a legitimate sport back in 2000 when rules were enacted to shape this street brawl into a controlled competition. The competitors' safety was guarded with specific rules for their protection for instance:
  • no downward motion elbows
  • no gouging
  • no grabbing the clavicle
  • And my personal favorite: "No timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury." heh, heh. Basically, no wimps allowed. love that. (Tap outs are allowed).
Despite these minor limitations, the essence of a true street fight is maintained and the sport is a showcase to the truly talented of brave fighters.

Boxing on the other hand, I just don't like. It's a measurement of a person's ability to throw a punch and dodge. But that's so limited. A true fighter can also kick, wrestle, force submission, free themselves from entanglement, and win in any position under any circumstance. More importantly than that, boxers are virtually guaranteed brain damage. This sport shows no mercy for the fighters' personal safety. Lack of safety was the reason that ultimate fighting was illegal for so many years. Boxing is a million times more dangerous in the long run. It's legality is a mystery to me and a shame on the human race.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are a morally degenerate moron!

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Deena said…

    heh, heh. I can't argue with the first part. Agree to disagree on the second?

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous organiquegal said…

    Interesting... I've never watched ultimate fighting, so I can't give an intelligent opinion on that.

    I'm guessing you must have missed the part of my post that said I decided I'm not going to be fighting. I think that pretty much negates what you don't like about boxing and makes it a nonissue?

    I'm going to train hard, hopefully lose some weight (or a lot of weight would be nice too), and at the same time be doing something fun that's just for me. :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">