Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Nursing: I'm lovin' it

There are so many days when I have to remind myself to just get through one more day. That's all the energy I have for. But some days, like today, are really encouraging. My patient was in a lot of pain and her nurse didn't realize she had another pain medication prescribed for her. I pointed that out, and in some small ways (like that) I'm starting to really make a difference. I'm starting to take vital signs and document with ease. I'm actually feeling the part now. I did have one funny moment today though when I introduced myself to my patient and started taking her vital signs. Her heart was silent so I tried, as non-nonchalantly as possible, to turn my stethoscope ear piece around without my patient noticing that I had put it in backwards. tee hee. Still learning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">