Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Feelin' like a nurse


Yesterday I passed the injection certification and today they threw me in the fire. I gave my first injection! It was Vitamin B12 so it looked all science -fiction neon red. It was actually kind of anticlimactic after doing it a million times in the lab. The only difference was that, unlike my docile dummy, my patient flinched when I stuck the needle in her arm. And after she left and I was documenting I was shaking a little, like the nerves kicked in then. But all in all, it was pretty easy.

Vitamin B12

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Anne Basso said…

    I promise you'll get used to it. But honestly, I still get nervous sometimes doing IM injections on little old ladies with virtually no muscle mass. I choose shorter needles and I try to go with the highest gauge I can so that it's less painful for them.

    You did it! Yay for you! =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">