Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Sunday, September 09, 2007

God is good

I went to church today! I haven't been to church since the springtime!!! - for so many reasons- First, when the kids and I aren't in school are schedule naturally shifts to our internal clock which is basically going to bed around 1:00 AM and waking up around 11:00AM. Then I went to China for two weeks. And then when I got back I got really bad morning sickness. But I'm finally back and it was so good to see everyone and it will be really good for me to focus more on God. I feel like I've strayed.

During the prayer and praise time I gave a testimony to God's perfect timing. I shared the happy news that we're expecting a baby. Then I said how we had tried to get pregnant for a year but it wasn't God's perfect timing and looking back, if I had gotten pregnant when I wanted to I wouldn't have been able to start nursing school or go to China. And if I had gotten pregnant any later I would have been too sick to start school this fall. The morning sickness started easing up on the first day of school!!! Praise God!

Which reminds me of an even more miraculous pregnancy... Wolfie. When we were newlyweds we lived in a 3rd floor apartment. Before we had moved in- the second floor tenants had switched doors with us because ours was nicer. So now our door said "2", while their door said "3". Not that it mattered, no one ever came in unless we walked them up anyway. But when the police came to arrest my husband they got confused and banged on "Door 3" which was really the 2nd floor. They were so loud and obnoxious I almost yelled "Can you keep it down, we're trying to sleep up here". But the neighbors weren't home and they left. That morning we made Wolfie. The next day the police came back for my husband and took him away from me for four years. If we hadn't gotten those last precious hours together, there would be no Wolfie. And there would be a 7(!) year gap between the kids!! At the time I was scared out of my mind to be a pregnant single mom, but God saw that it was the right time to make Wolfie. And in hindsight, I agree.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Anne Basso said…

    Yay, that is so awesome that you were able to see God's timing. I'm so excited for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">