Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Thursday, September 06, 2007

10 years ago today

10 years ago today I walked down the isle... I was 18, he was 20. But when Pastor Emmet pronounced us man and wife and we turned around and stood there side by side we really felt like a team. As we walked down the isle together we whispered little things to each other-don't remember what now- but I'll never forget the feeling that we were partners - that no one else understood each other like we do. And through the years it's proven to be true. We both stare at our kids in total awe and adoration. Marrying so young we got to grow up together- so we learned to love the same things- like ultimate fighting and bunnies (not together though ha ha). We've lived through so much together: good times, hospital stays, tragedy, forced separation, poverty, good food, car accidents, the list is never ending. And the history we share goes beyond words. We are soul mates on a level I don't think we can conceive. Though God shared a glimpse of it with me years ago when I remembered a recurring nightmare I had when I was five of an Asian man escaping war. At that very time, my husband and his family were running for their lives through the jungles of Cambodia, escaping the Khmer Rouge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">