Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Silly secretary

It was the kid's first day of school. We brought them in. Brandon's first day of middle school. I was so proud. He's getting so big. It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant with him. Anyway, not the point of this posting. I'm super dehydrated and exhausted and sick. I was thinking I'd feel much better if I just had a liter of liquid in me. So I called my OB-GYN today and I was going to casually ask the secretary if they've ever given an IV in the office. But first I thought I might as well make my appointment. I told her I was ten weeks and she freaked out. "TEN WEEKS! Your first appointment has to be between 8 and 10 weeks and we're booked!" She was really panicking. So I tried to calm her. "You're more worried about this than I am" I tried to jokingly lighten up the situation. But she kept going on. So I explained "Look, this is my fourth. They're always healthy. He'll be fine." It was kind of funny. At that point I thought it was best not to worry her with my statement that I was so sick I thought I needed an IV. So I'll just go suck it up and try to drink something. Yuck.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL - oh my gosh Deena.

    Have you gotten fluids yet girl?!?!?

    I was thinking about you. Don't let a newbie secretary stop you from panicking her. LOL, get ur fluids chica.

    Beth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">