Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Go Gordon College!

As a Gordon College alumna I was tickled pink to find out that Gordon College just received a $60 million dollar endowment!!! This triples their current endowment. Just imagine all the good things they can do with that money! I can't help but dream of my own little wish list (starting with a nursing program) but I'm sure there are plenty of people with ideas of how to spend the money.
I have such good memories of my year at Gordon:
  • Standing on the sidewalk at the tender age of 16 and watching my parents drive off. Feeling like I was walking on clouds as I walked back to my dorm room: finally FREEEEEEEEEE!
  • Freshman Orientation ending with the Boston cruise.
  • Hitching a ride in the back of a pickup truck to the beach with some of the boys during a hurricane warning. Nearly drowning in the violent waves. SO MUCH FUN!!!
  • Sitting in Freshman Seminar early mornings with my other classmates. We were a quiet, shy group so when our narcoleptic professor used to fall asleep in mid sentence we all would just sit there in silence until he woke back up.
  • My faith was built up by Christian students and professors, tri-weekly chapel sessions, and prayer times with God in the private chapel.
  • So many awesome, nice people there! Shout outs to my friends from that year:Kim, Sarah, Christine, Young, Matt, and Zach.
  • Awesome professors who really care about you.
  • The ROCK ministry (which enabled me to meet my husband tee hee)
  • The hip-hop dance where I busted out a back-handspring in the middle of the Mariah Carrey/ODB remix.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger Anne Basso said…

    I think you might date yourself with the Mariah/ODB remix info. LOL

    It sounds like you have great memories, and I'm glad your college has recieved such a generous endowment! As a nurse working in a shortage, I love the idea of a nursing program.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">