Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Saturday, July 21, 2007

A retreat exercise

Before leaving for China our group had a day of team bonding at the MCC retreat. At this retreat we did an exercise in which we paired up and one of us described their lego creation to their partner who could not see it. Ideally your partner will be able to recreate your figure I was really excited to do this because I pride myself in my communication skills. My partner was Kanchana, an ELL student. She didn't understand my directions nearly as well as I had hoped - which was no big deal - it was a learning game after all; but what was most fascinating was that she had never played with legos before! So she didn't know that legos are always assembled bumps up! Her creation was similar to mine, but with the peices facing downwards! It just goes to show you that the smallest details of instructions can be important.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">