Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Saturday, July 21, 2007

The top six most disturbing things I saw in China

6. A lack of basic safety measures. Children riding in the front seat of the car on their mother's lap. Bicyclists everywhere but no one wearing a helmet.

5. Prostitutes out in the open (see next post)

4. Entire homeless families sleeping on the sidewalk in Shanghai. There were blocks and blocks of these sleeping people from young to old.

3. Beggars everywhere. Some disfigured. Some young children claiming to be hungry.

2. A woman at Confucius' temple drinking water out of a puddle on the ground.

1. And the number one most disturbing thing I saw in China....

My beloved Brown was no where to be found!!! Ok. Ok. The placement of that at number one is a joke. But the lack of UPSers was no joke! I was horrified by their non-presence. I can only hope that that means we are still outsourcing our deliveries in that country. We are sponsoring the 2008 Olympics in Beijing so there is the illusion of our presence, but no actual brownie drivers to be seen.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Michaela said…

    my number 1...
    Deena's boob secretly added to Kanchan's picture of the girls.

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Deena said…

    I don't have the faintest idea what you are referring too. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">