Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Monday, July 23, 2007

The best souveneir ever

While in China I bought a pregnancy test in the hopes that we had conceived before I left. I crossed my fingers as the day of my period came and went and then took the test. The cheap Chinese test was positive but it took several hours for the control bar to show up which was annoying. But I knew, as soon as I saw that HCG line that my life was never going to be the same again (for the fourth time!)

I waited until I got home to reveal the surprise to my husband. Though if he were as smart as my best friend -who guessed it immediately- he would have realized I was pregnant when I started crying as soon as I got home ("I miss my friends" and other childish gibberish). After passing out all the presents I told him I saved the best for last. Then I presented him with a tiny, fragile, ugly kite in a pretty box. He examined it carefully, trying to figure out what "the catch" was. And finally he noticed the positive pregnancy test underneath. It took him another ten or so seconds before he burst out: "NO! Are you kidding me?" He was TOTALLY SHOCKED. It was beautiful. He yelled at the kids to be quiet and lay down while he lay there trying to process it. Then he was happy. And he felt much better about my dramatic return home, now knowing the true cause of my emotions.

We're already calling the little fellow Kalel. We've been calling him that for years and as tempted as I was to give him a Chinese name, I felt it was a sign when I stumbled upon a store in China full of nothing but Superman clothes and accessories. I bought a whole bunch of stuff. I won't even consider the possibility that it's a girl unless I see it on the ultrasound. I had a premonition when I was pregnant with Brandon that I was going to have five boys and a girl. My mother in law is convinced it's a girl. She's probably just looking at it statistically. To each his own.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Sarah said…

    Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you!

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Jennifer Meyer said…

    We are so very happy for you!! It will be great to have another Nephew, or our first Niece. I am very sad however that we will once again not be there to welcome him/her and help you out. Hopefully we will be back soon after to meet the little one.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Nikolaos said…

    have you gotten a second test?


    I still don't believe it

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Deena said…

    Niko. lol. You and my brother. No I haven't gotten an American test. I guess you'll have to wait for ultrasound pictures to believe me.

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am very happy to have been there for that bootleg china preg. test!!!!

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats again...Love the banner-
    & I'm glad to have been able to guess it right off the bat! :) I knew that look in your eye immediately....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">