Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Republican Primaries Debate

So I flipped past the Republican primaries debate yesterday - (as I s-l-o-w-l-y recover from the tonsillectomy). I watched a little bit of it and was totally swooning over the candidates. They all told me exactly what I wanted to hear. (Which was kind of a relief because I've lately wondered if I'm more like a Democrat). I really liked all of them and would be happy if any of them won except Giuliani and McCain who are my second-tier favorites. Of course, my heart lies with my Governor Romney. (And well over a year ago I predicted a Romney v. Clinton election). I've been debating evolution online recently and was pretty surprised to hear the question come up in the debate and was just amazed by the answers. These guys were saying "I believe that 'In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth'. I believe that man was created in His image..." Just amazing stuff to hear in politics. Very refreshing.

Anyway, the funny/jaw dropping part of the debate was when Mayor Giuliani started speaking about God/religion and there was lightening outside which messed up the sound system so his mic. went in and out for a minute. Everyone kind of laughed about it and the two candidates next to him stepped away from him and even Giuliani joked about how this was scary, as a person who went to Catholic school for 12 years. But then it got freakier because it happened again about 15 minutes later!!! When Giuliani started talking about God/religion his mic went out again!!! And everyone ignored it this time but in my head I was like ... ok that was a pretty strange coincidence. Maybe it was God.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">