Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Friday, April 27, 2007

We've become a statistic

We're foreclosing our house. Right now, in our area (Boston area) the foreclosure rates have skyrocketed. The housing market got ridiculously expensive and now it's crashing. For us personally, it basically comes down to the fact that we were barely making it when my husband had a job and now that he is working temporary jobs off and on there is no way we can keep making these mortgage payments. I've seen this coming since January so I'm pretty much past greiving for it. We'll be leaving in the next month or two. We're moving in with the in-laws and, looking on the bright side, I'm looking forward to decluttering and cutting down on debt and just living life simply (as my favorite book on the sidebar expounds upon).

The irony of this post placement next to the previous post is not lost on me, but for the record, my husband sold that car two years ago and we now own our (older) cars outright, so I don't want to give the impression that we are driving ridiculously expensive cars while losing our house.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Benjamin said…

    We am very sorry to hear such sad news. You were so excited about your house and all the work you put into it. Which inlaws are you moving to?

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger Deena said…

    (((((Ben))))) (That's a hug)
    Thanks for your support.
    We're sort of moving in with all the in-laws. :-) They own a duplex where my mother and father in law live as well as 3 sister and 1 brother in law and a neice and nephew. (There's two other in-law sibling families that don't live there).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">