Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sigh

Last week was the first week at our new clinical site (a hospital) with our new professor. I've been assigned to the really "tough" professor, but was pleasantly surprised to find that I LOVE her high expectations. She's the stereotypical Doctor who snaps medical questions at sheepish interns. But I thrive on that kind of challenge. And she's the first professor who really seems to know her stuff.

... But alas, today she taught my class (medical asepsis) and even she taught a mistruth. She said that a nicked bladder would be a risk for infection because of the bacteria in the urine... But urine is relatively sterile.

So I guess there isn't a single professor here who really knows her stuff. It's so annoying.


UPDATE: OK I just got back from the hospital where I was going over my patient's chart and I found that half the pages of her chart stated she had a broken fibula and the other half stated a broken tibia. And these pages were written by doctors after x-rays were taken. So I guess incompetence does not end with my professors. I guess I'll be dealing with it the rest of my career and I just need to learn to deal with it before I get chronic hypertension.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In 75% to 85% of patients with tibia fractures, the fibula is fractured as well. Is it possible that she broke both?

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Deena said…

    I'm curious to see the x-rays for myself. You could very well be right. I don't know if they will still be there when I go back. If they are, I will of course post the answer to our burning question here. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">