Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Saturday, March 03, 2007

DJing: It's like riding a bike

Tonight I DJed my first Bat Mitzvah after a three year hiatus. In fact, I never thought I would go back to it, but my old boss made me an offer I couldn't refuse...

It turns out that DJing is like riding a bike - no matter how long it's been it all comes right back to you. It was actually kind of fun. There's a certain thrill that comes with hitting play with the volume positioned just right, maybe the song cued to just the right place, and the sound of the bass as the song starts with power. Ahh yes. It was good to be back.

Don't get me wrong. It's not all fun and games. I still have to deal with a type A personality boss who freaks out sometimes. And I forgot about the way your legs ache after standing for five hours straight. There's the equipment setup and take down...

but I'm glad to be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">