Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Adding two links

I just wanted to draw attention to two links I am adding to the sidebar. The first is Paperback Swap which is a great web site which enables you to trade your books with other readers across the country. It is SOOOO simple. You just punch in the ISBN number of the books you're listing. Then when someone requests one you just print out the "envelope" which is two peices of paper with address and shipping amount already printed on it. Tape it on, slap on the appropriate number of stamps and viola! SO EASY. When the person receives the book you get credit for another book! I keep my stack of books next to the computer so when someone requests it, it can be out the door in five minutes flat (and off my to do list). Oh and if you sign up, put my name as a referral and I'll get another credit. :-)

The second link is a self publishing site. It makes book publishing a snap. I am so excited about it and will be publishing a weight-loss book that I wrote when I was a personal trainer. Keep your eyes out for it! You can also self publish so much other cool stuff! Like family photo albums and for all you artists and photographers out there you can sell your work!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Be wary of those "trading" sites.
    They are often noted as being abstracted pyramid schemes. For a case study of barterbee, check http://flankk.blogspot.com/2006/05/barterbee-scam.html

    For example:
    "Firstly, that gratis DVD you are getting is supplied by a member of the site. "

    Same thing with your "free" credit (good for one book right?). Where does this book come from?

    /J

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Deena said…

    It's from the other members. It's totally legit. I've been doing it for a while now and so have my friends.

    I read the link but disagreed with the author's interpretation of the program. PaperbookSwap doesn't cost any money though, so that should remove any doubt of a scam.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Deena said…

    OK I just reread that blog and I get what he is trying to say now. It's a scam because people can buy points. At Paperback swap you can't buy points you can only get them by trading books (though you get three at the beginning for posting nine books)

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Jesper T. said…

    Yes, but who foots "the bill" for that "free" book you get for a refferal? I mean, someone has to pay...

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Deena said…

    I totally get what you're saying. But I think the "freebee" point for referral is so minimal it won't affect the overall enterprize. It certainly won't cause a pyramid collapse of any sort. There are hundreds of thousands of available books that people are more than willing to share and I don't think any of us is really greedy about the system. I'm just as excited about getting a book as I am about giving a book to someone who will read one of my unwanted books. I've got 8 unsused points and I'm in no hurry to use them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">