Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Read Across America

I signed up to read to my first graders class on Friday. It's "Read Across America" day so the day will be spent with various parents reading to them. It sounds like such a good idea. As far as I know I can read whatever I want to them. (Though Wolfie said to me "Don't read anything about Jesus!" and I was like "Did the teacher say that?!" And he said "No, I don't want you to read anything about Jesus"- which I thought was cute).

Anyway, I'm trying to think of just the right book. I would love to read a little snippet of a classic to show them that it's fun to read the classics. Here are some of my favorite ideas:

Tom Sawyer - when he tricks his friends into painting the fence for him
Farmer Boy - when he ruins the parlor wallpaper and is saved by his sister
Some poetry by Shel Silverstein - funny stuff


I'd love your suggestion or vote.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I vote for Shel Silverstein!! :) -beth

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Children's poetry is always a fun read. :) ~Shaye

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">