Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Learning not to worry

The Bible says not to worry. "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
Matthew 6:24-26

Imagine if you were God and you had all these good things planned for someone but he spent his entire life worrying and not enjoying it at all. So I understand that command, but at the same time, it's not an easy one to follow.

But I'm getting better at it. By far the biggest worry is money. My husband has been out of a job for a couple of months and we haven't been keeping up with the bills including the mortgage. Of course it's scary to think of worst case scenerios. But I can't let it get to me. So I fight the worry and the stress. It's not good for me and it's not what God wants for me. So I just try to enjoy what I currently have.

One technique that I've come up with to fight worry is to take a moment to envision the worst case scenerio that I so fear and imagine how I would embrace joy in even that horrible situation... like lets just say we did lose the house and had to move into some cramped little place. I would still have my loved ones. I would still enjoy the simple pleasures in life like sharing a meal and reading books with my kids. So it wouldn't be the end of the world. So I can go on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">