Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Saturday, July 01, 2006

A Christian message from a funny movie

The whole family went to see a matine of "Nacho Libre" which was a movie that I knew we would enjoy. It was everything I hoped for; very funny, happy ending, and a Christian message, which was: use all your gifts for the Lord. Nacho struggles with the desire in his heart to wrestle even though it is not a Godly activity according to the church. I was thinking about my own God given desires that sometimes seem ungodly. Specifically I was thinking about my competetive nature. It often seems to be an unwholesome attitude, but it's who I am and the person God made me to be, just like Nacho Libre. And so I pray that God would use my competetive nature for his glory.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Ben Meyer said…

    Being competitive isn't non-wholesome, but something that is very healthy. It gives you drive to try harder, enjoy what you are doing more, and promotes social behavior, all good things.

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Deena said…

    Thanks, you're right. I guess when I think about it, it's not so much the competitiveness, but rather it's the pride and the "better than you" attitude that accompanies it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">