Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Saturday, June 24, 2006

The partying lifestyle

I grew up a fairly well behaived Christian girl, so I never went to parties or drank or did drugs or even went clubbing even though I love to dance. Then I had my first baby and married young (18) so my life has always centered around my young family. So my point is I never really had a party lifestle, which is fine. I never thought I was missing out or anything like that. Anyway, last night my neighbor/coworker threw a party and invited me. I rarely ever get out and since I can't go out to the bars with my coworkers, this was a good opportunity to socialize near my house. I showed up around 1:00AM after the kids were sound asleep. It was fun, kind of immature and raunchy but still fun. We just sat around a table and played a fun drinking game where you take turns picking cards and each card represents something... ie. 10 card represents "social" where we all toast and drink. Another one was waterfall, where everyone starts drinking until the person who picks the card stops drinking and when he stops the next in line can stop and so on, all the way around the circle. Another card represents "catagory" and if you pick the card you pick a catagory and everyone has to name something in the catagory until someone can't and then... well you can guess what happens.

So one thing that really struck me was how your judgement goes down the drain when you drink. I will definitely warn my kids about that, that they should make any and all decisions before they ever take a sip of alcohol.

There is a strip club in the next town over. Whenever I drive past the strip club I pray for the strippers and ask God to shut down the place. At this party I went to there was an X stripper from the club. She was a very nice, average looking girl. She will never know that I have prayed for her.

So that was my night. It was a good time, but I don't think I would want to do that more than once or twice. I don't know how people can spend their free time drinking and partying for years on end. It seems so meaningless. I would rather read to my kids any day of the week.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i don't know who you are, but this made a difference to me. thank you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">